As the name suggests, JDK is required for java development.
You need to have JDK in your system for >
In short JDK = JRE + JVM.
JDK diagram >
More about JDK >
- Java Compiler - Java compiler is javac tool located in /bin folder of the directory in which JDK is installed. The javac compiles .java file into .class (bytecode) files.
- There are 2 ways of using javac command >
- For compiling one file
- For compiling more than one files >
Enter name of all java files in a file (separated by blank or line breaks(next line) ). Then enter javac @ fileName
Let’s say we have three java files
Enter name of name of all java files in a MyFile separated by blank.
E:\MyFile will look like this >
E:\MyClass1.java E:\MyClass2.java E:\MyClass3.java
- Java Disassembler - javap command disassembles class files. output depends on option used with command.
If no option is used than, javap prints out
- protected and public fields/methods of the classes passed to it.
- Java Documentation - javadoc contains information about class and methods.
- Java Debugger - jdb is debugger for Java classes.